info. on 1957 critchfield

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: info. on 1957 critchfield

Mell, I notice you are in the Rochester area.<br />I think the Antique Boat Museum in Clayton NY has a pretty godd research library.They may have a web site as well.<br />Also there is a book series by Bob Speltz.<br /> One or two Feature outboards.You may be able to tell at amazon.com or barnes and noble sites.<br /> Probably pricey maybe the library would be <br />better.Books are called Real runabouts 1<br />Real runabouts 2 and so on up to about 5 or 6.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

thanks spike,<br />was just there last month... man is that place<br />cool or what! notice your fish spot is Eel Bay,<br />we just killed the northern at Bluff Island,<br />one was 37".... a kid in Clayton caught a 44lb'er<br />2 weeks ago off the public dock.<br />got any tips for Smallmouth out there?<br />we never seem to have much luck w/them.<br />regards,<br />M.Y.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Mell, I dont fish enough to be much help.<br /> Last time we fished (Over 10 years ago)we fished the trench in eel bay about(1/2 way between Picton and Murray Isle We used bass bait fished 90% of the time in the trench.Caught everything from rock bass to even a walleye.Though it seems the walleye came out near the foot of picton.<br /> Regards,

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

thanks SS, surfed for a few hours and found<br />nothing on this boat....no matter, it sold<br />yesterday before I could even look at her :(