Seastar hydraulic steering

Birddog247

Cadet
Okay guys
This is my first post so please be paitaint. I have owned many diff boats over the years so I know what boat stands for. Break out another thousand right! Anyways my current boat is a 97 203 dusky cc. It is powered by a 150 Johnson of the same year. It is not a speed boat but just the right speed to drink beer at. Best riding 20 ft boat I have ever owned.
Recently I changed seals on the seastar steering system and I am now experiencing difficulty turning left whle underway. I have to co stanly turn left in order to run a straight coarse, if I do not the boat will drifth to the right. The system does not have bleeder valves so I am forced to bleed from the hose connection at the ram. I've pumped more than 2 quarts through it. I have also checked the check valves in the helm which are clean. Any ideas on what my next step should be. I would rather not break out another thousand.
Thanks

cr2k

Captain
Re: Seastar hydraulic steering

Hope your not drinking beer at ANY speed if you are at the helm. Could still have some air in there compressing and causing the problem. Have you checked the steering trim tab? If it pulls to port move the tab to port same for starboard. No left or right on a boat.