U-Shaped Bimini Mounting Bracket???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliCaptainMike

Recruit
I am looking for a set of white nylon u-shaped brackets for my bimini. Fits on the windshield of a Maxum 2300SC Runabout. Any help locating would be appreciated.

Thanks,

photo.JPGphoto2.JPG

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer
Re: U-Shaped Bimini Mounting Bracket???

Hello and welcome to iBoats! Have you tried searching on eBay?

CaliCaptainMike

Recruit

I have searched ebay, iboats, and googles the hell out of it. I think it is going to take someone who knows where to look!

It is from a 2001 Maxum, btw.

UncleWillie

Captain

They have changed over the years.
Same function, Different mounting style.
Hinge.jpg

CaliCaptainMike

Recruit

They have changed over the years.
Same function, Different mounting style.
View attachment 149304

Given I am on the ocean, the Bimini takes a beating. The thing I like about the nylon mounts is they take some of the stress and the fact they wrap around the frame and are attached with a pin, there is nothing to strip. Net, I am concern about screwing the mount into the aluminum frame and hoping the extreme stress doesn't strip the mounting screws. Anyone with experience with screwing a mount to the aluminum window frame, comments appreciated. I am still looking for the straddle mounts.

Philster

Captain

These do a full wrap instead of completing the wrap with a pin.

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/NAT-11749/Bimini+-+Canopy+Top+Rail+Mount+Hinge.html

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/mm5/...Code=1&Offset=20&SortBy=&Category_Code=240000

NAT-11749_lg.jpg

hostage

Lieutenant

I know what he is talking about. I have them on my annoying bimini which can turn into a camper enclosure. The bimini pole mounts to the windshield and the fabric snaps into the windshield and you attach a strap to a mount on the gunnel. I also have the slant back and the two windows. I did not care for that bimini as it acts more like a parashoot and doesn't give enough protection. I got an iboats standard bimini and love and use that all the time. Though I will see if I can find what you are looking for. If you take up what other suggest you bimini will not mount properly.

hostage

Lieutenant

This looks very close to what we both have.

You could always call Brunswick Boats (who owned Maxum) or who ever use to be a dealer for them in the area. They might have some parts laying around. I was able to get non-standard SS ladder made for the Maxum a little over a year ago, from the former dealer. Make sure to ask for: "1705898 CANVAS HINGE,PLASTIC TOP BAR,WHITE"

source: http://www.maxumboatparts.com/2001/sportboat/2352mc01/Output/mc2.htm#7170

It might cost a little more than what this guy suggested, though it will match and you know it will work.

-Hostage

Edit: Looks like these guys sell it for $2.50: http://westrivermarine.awardspace.com/webpage/boats parts.htm

Also you could call up a Bayliner dealer as many boats owned by Brunswick use similar parts. I think you should be all set with a few sources to follow up, good luck!

PS - It is actually called a "convertible top", not a Bimini. This is news to me as well.

UncleWillie

Captain

If you absolutely want an identical part. Cast it yourself.

This is a lot easier than you would think.
And the results are excellent. (You can mold your hand and take fingerprints from the casting.)
Casting resin is really tough stuff. A part your size would withstand a hammer!

CaliCaptainMike

Recruit

Thanks all, I found what I need. Hostage pointed me down the right track, West River Marine has bought out a few years back, so finding the right number was a challange, but finally tracked them down. But, the part number you gave allowed me to call into Bayliner who put me in touch with a local company that had the exact replacement.

All the best guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.