Water in ski locker!!!!!!

Jackson238

Cadet
Hello All,
I have a 2004 Glastron DX215 Deck Boat and some water accumulates in ski locker and will not drain to the bilge. Do you think this is as simple as a clog? Planning on taking a long wire or hanger to shove into rear of ski locker and see if drain is clogged. Any other suggestions or possible reasons for water in the ski locker would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Water in ski locker!!!!!!

hi jackson....

possible water intrusion causes.

hull breach
water coming in from the rub rail
loose drain plug.
water leaking from i/o motor.
water leaking form bad bellows/shift boot.
improperly sealed thru hull device including screws and brackets.
bad live well fittings....
people getting in and out of the boat wet.
someone tipped the beer cooler over.

if the water does not drain thru to the bilge......take a very long rod and poke it thru from the drain plug....

alot of boats get plugged by improper care and attention on the assembly line.

put your bow way up high.....and see if it is just a levelling issue....or if its plugged

mccloskr

Recruit

Hello All,
I have a 2004 Glastron DX215 Deck Boat and some water accumulates in ski locker and will not drain to the bilge. Do you think this is as simple as a clog? Planning on taking a long wire or hanger to shove into rear of ski locker and see if drain is clogged. Any other suggestions or possible reasons for water in the ski locker would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mine does the same thing, I think since the boat sits so flat it doesnt drain to the back.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome. Did you see the red warning? Please read the forum rules. This is an old thread and you should not be posting in any inactive thread. Thanks.

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade

To the mod's - this is the 2nd revived thread where someone mentions the "red warning". I don't see any warning here or in the other dead thread - is it browser specific possibly?

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Welcome. Did you see the red warning? Please read the forum rules. This is an old thread and you should not be posting in any inactive thread. Thanks.

mccloskr, what Ga_Boater said..........

To the mod's - this is the 2nd revived thread where someone mentions the "red warning". I don't see any warning here or in the other dead thread - is it browser specific possibly?

Once a member posts to a 90 day old thread, or older, the box goes away.......