Replacing Window on 1992 Sunbird Corsair..

Belmont

Recruit
Hello,

I am new to this forum and was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction. I recently took my boat out of storage and noticed my passenger window is smashed somehow. I took window frame off of boat and thought a local glass place could replace it. Well, apparently since it is bent, it is a major problem to replace. I have no clue where to look now short of finding a parts boat which will not be easy. If anybody knows where I should be looking I would greatly appreciate it.
I live close to Toronto, Ontario in Canada.

Thanks,

Belmont

bekosh

Lieutenant
Re: Replacing Window on 1992 Sunbird Corsair..

I had the same problem on a 91 Wellcraft that I used to have. Broke both the center walk through and the port side glass.

Your best bet will be to use, clear shatter proof poly-carbonate plastic. Lexan is one brand name. I used a brand called Optix. Just measure the thickness you need from the frame/molding and pick up a sheet from your local Menards/Home Depot type place. Then take a pattern from your frame and cut the plastic to shape with a jig-saw. Have extra blades ready. Poly-carb dulls a jig-saw blade faster than anything I've ever seen.

Poly-carb will bend to the curve of the frame with a little pressure and the clarity is just as good as glass.

Durability is also very good. I sold the boat to a friend so I still see the boat on the water and the poly-carb is just as clear as the day I installed it. No scratching or yellowing at all after 4 years.