Hull Decals and graphics

ericp501

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 19' wellcraft excel I bought used. The PO pulled all the graphics off so I have a very white boat, which is fine, but I like the look of the boats on the water with nice solid vinyl stripes. I called Wellcraft and got quoted $800 for all the decals! I went online and found 12" wide vinyl rolls that are 30' long for $25. Has anyone ever just put a nice solid vinyl stripe down the side of a boat? I'd prob then buy 2 $8 wellcraft decals and put them at the base of the stripe. Do the whole thing for under $90..

I'd like decals, I don't need them.. def not for $800

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Hull Decals and graphics

I hear ya. I can't stand solid white boats... they have no personal touch, look too plain, something. Anyways, I bought some custom tribal flame logos for our old boat, stingray. Came out pretty cool. Something different that you didn't see every day. I haven't done a full stripe before. I would imagine if the color and layout looks good, then it will be fine. You could check locally for a custom stripe/logo... or online. I like the wavy checkered flag decals... they usually come on crownlines or bajas. If i could make it look good on my glastron, i would do it in a heartbeat.

oldsub86

Petty Officer 1st Class

Find some photos of a similar boat with decals on it and go to a local sign making store. They should be able to come up with something pretty close for a lot less $$.

Randy

southkogs

Staff member

Find some photos of a similar boat with decals on it and go to a local sign making store. They should be able to come up with something pretty close for a lot less $$.

Randy

x3^^^^

In fact, you can even customize a little and make it a little more personal and not have to spend much. Just make sure they use a UV resistant / Vehicle usage type of vinyl.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Randy

x 4.

im doing my boat with customised art work for very little money

5150abf

Vice Admiral

It might be worth going to a local sign shop and having them do it, I worked for one years ago and getting a big sticker like that on a complex shape like a boat can be a real pain, getting it straight with no bubbles or wrinkles is pretty tough.

If you do decide to do it yourself get a grease pencil and a tape measure and put small marks all the way down the side to guide you and get a good squeegie.

southkogs

Staff member

It might be worth going to a local sign shop and having them do it, I worked for one years ago and getting a big sticker like that on a complex shape like a boat can be a real pain, getting it straight with no bubbles or wrinkles is pretty tough.

If you do decide to do it yourself get a grease pencil and a tape measure and put small marks all the way down the side to guide you and get a good squeegie.

^^^^ Absolutely ^^^^