klingons in my holding tank

amanphoto

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a small 20 gallon plastic sewage tank in my boat. I use the non-formaldehyde blue stuff to deodorize the tank. I pump it put pretty regularly and rinse it well (pumped out at a dump station not into the lake). I can see the tank in the engine compartment and there is still stuff stuck to the sides.

What can I do to clean it out?

I've hear of ice cubes and drive it. But I think I need more than that. If I put liquid plumber in there will it dissolve the klingons? Or is there something else?

Thanks for the help.

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
Re: klingons in my holding tank

If you can access the tank with a hose, they make a hose fitting for RV holding tank that sprays out sideways in a 360 degree circle. Might look around at an RV dealership or online supplier.

Thalasso

Commander
Re: klingons in my holding tank

I have a small 20 gallon plastic sewage tank in my boat. I use the non-formaldehyde blue stuff to deodorize the tank. I pump it put pretty regularly and rinse it well (pumped out at a dump station not into the lake). I can see the tank in the engine compartment and there is still stuff stuck to the sides.

What can I do to clean it out?

I've hear of ice cubes and drive it. But I think I need more than that. If I put liquid plumber in there will it dissolve the klingons? Or is there something else?

Thanks for the help.

Maybe you can get hold of Scotty and have him beam them up.:D:D:D Couldn't resist. Try putting Rid-X ( septic tank ) or yeast in and fill the tank.That should help.

UncleWillie

Captain
Re: Klingon's in my holding tank

As long as the tank is already empty, I can't see why filling it and adding a quart of bleach wouldn't dissolve them.
Bleach does a wonderful job on anything organic.

I have used it remove the last of the meat from bones for Anatomical Displays. (Don't Ask!)

shrew

Lieutenant

After you pump it out, take a hose and fill the tank with freshwater. You can fill it through the pump out fitting. (You probably don't want to drink from that hose anymore). You can fill it 3/4, then go out for a quick run, then pump the water out, and put anouther gallone of water and about 2x the amount of holding tank desanitizer. When I pump out, I do exactly this each time, only I don't take it out for a run. Pump it out, flush with freshwater, then pump it out again. Toss about 1 gal. of water and the tank sanitizer and your good to go.

Don't let ANything sit in the tank for more than 5 days, so if it's the end of the weekend, get it pumped out and flushed. I've never had any head odors since doing this. As for any remnants.....who cares? Also get an inline filter for the vent tube and change it yearly.