Walkthru Window

C Wagner

Recruit
I have a 98 Falcon 2500CD. The walkthru window glass got broke. Does anyone know where you can get a replacement glass and or complete frame and glass. This Formula quit making this boat in 98 and our local glass company said with the small curve to the glass it would be $1500 to have one made.

bekosh

Lieutenant
Re: Walkthru Window

I had the same problem on a 91 Wellcraft that I used to have. Broke both the center walk through and the port side glass.

Your best bet will be to use, clear shatter proof poly-carbonate plastic. Lexan is one brand name. I used a brand called Optix. Just measure the thickness you need from the frame/molding and pick up a sheet from your local Menards/Home Depot type place. Then take a pattern from your frame and cut the plastic to shape with a jig-saw. Have extra blades ready. Poly-carb dulls a jig-saw blade faster than anything I've ever seen.

Poly-carb will bend to the curve of the frame with a little pressure and the clarity is just as good as glass.

Durability is also very good. I sold the boat to a friend so I still see the boat on the water and the poly-carb is just as clear as the day I installed it. No scratching or yellowing at all after 4 years.

C Wagner

Recruit

Thanks. The yellowing was what I was worried about but doesnt sound like a concern now.

bekosh

Lieutenant

You're welcome. I did keep the patterns that I made so if I needed to redo them I'd have them. At $35-40 a pop for a sheet of poly-carb, you can redo that windshield every year for almost 4 decades compared to the $1500 you were quoted for glass. :cool: