snap cover for 24' pontoon- what to get/look for

vintage_car

Seaman Apprentice
I will be storing my pontoon at the lake, in an uncovered slip (that is all that is available). It is a 92 playcraft 24' pontoon. I need something that will not hold moisture and probably needs to be staked up to provide quick water runoff so it doesn't pond on the cover. Any suggestions on a good cover system to use for this situation.

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander
Re: snap cover for 24' pontoon- what to get/look for

one of my good buds has a 1986 24ft pontoon with individual covers for the seats & console- and the upolstrey still looks great. But the carpet is worn.

rogerwa

Commander

I had a boat that sat without a playpen cover it went to heck in a short time. My advice is to have a custom playpen cover made. It should only run $700, but the alternative is way more expensive. Trust me..

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I had a boat that sat without a playpen cover it went to heck in a short time. My advice is to have a custom playpen cover made. It should only run $700, but the alternative is way more expensive. Trust me..

This is the best way to go if you can swing it. The upholsterer will add snaps to your railing to match the ones on the cover, and you can get push poles that adjust to different heights to "tent it". Very effective in all kinds of weather.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Yea a full custom cover will save the interior of you boat. Mine is also on a uncovered slip.

on slip 512.JPG