Cockpit cover & tonneau question/opinion

oregoncruiser

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am trying to decide what type of cover to invest in. A couple thoughts requiring my needs/thoughts are as follows. First I want to keep my boat clean while stored, and while traveling. My barn gets very dusty, and I don't mind giving her a quick exterior wash, cleaning the interior gets tiresome. Last year I pulled the old boat through a construction zone where there was paving work going on. When I got home I found tiny little chunks of asphalt all over inside the boat. Made a real mess, and I never totally got rid of the oily spots.

So first question is what type of cover trailers best? I know a full trailerable coover will blow around and be a PITA, so I think I want a snap on type cockpit cover/tonneau? Any comments or experience towing with this type of cover?

2nd question is what type of material? A local shop here offers a Marine polyester/nylon made by Top Gun, or a more fabric type made by Dickson Marine fabric. The fabric seems easier to stow and handle, but the Nylon type will be waterproof.

I'm normaly pretty decisive, but I'm having trouble here. Comments/opinions sought and appreciated.

1216bandit

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Cockpit cover & tonneau question/opinion

A custom made full cover should not budge at all when trailering, mine has snaps under the rub rail all the way around and tie downs to the frame. At 65 mph does'nt move at all and really does keep the interior and all top surfaces VERY clean. I keep this cover on all the time when the boat is not used and treat it spring and fall with Mcguires cleaner with U.V. protector. So my opinion is a good custom trailerable cover is the way to go!