Toilet Not Bringing in Rinse Water (Jabsco Twist n' Lock)

Timboat

Cadet
Hey All,

I have a 2 year old Jabsco Twist n Lock compact marine toilet.
When I flush it by pumping the handle up and down it exhausts all my waste just fine, but when I flick the black switch to bring in outside water to rinse the bowl, the vaccum is lost when I pump, and no rinse water comes in the bowl, just an air sound.

I'm pretty sure I can get a new valve or gasket, to fix this issue for very little money. But I'm not sure the part number.
Anybody know the number or how to fix this problem without buying the $72.99 service kit or an entire new toilet assembly for $180.

Part numbers:
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...01&storeId=11151&partNumber=9532805&langId=-1

Thanks

tim

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Toilet Not Bringing in Rinse Water (Jabsco Twist n' Lock)

is the sea **** open to allow water in ?

Timboat

Cadet

Yes, It sure is. In fact I took the pump assembly apart, let is soak in soapy water, cleaned all the parts gently then reassembled it.
After I tightened it up, I gave it a few pumped and it worked, then after letting it site for a few hours it went back to it's old behavior of losing suction and not bringing in rinse water.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Recheck the intake hose and your connections at the seacock and the input side of the toilet, and make sure you aren't sucking air someplace. I have the same toilet and had to replace the pump last year for the same reason. A rebuild kit costs about $50., and a complete pump assembly is only $10. more, so I replaced the whole thing.

Unfortunately, the Jabsco is a cheap-o unit and doesn't have a strong pump to start with. I already decided that if it fails again I'm upgrading to a Raritan manual.

Good luck!