Owners manual for 1997 Aquasport 215 DC???

lmirassou

Recruit
My husband and I have just bought a boat: 1997 Aquasport 215 DC. Does anyone have any idea how/where we can find an owners manual for this boat?? I understand Aquasport quit making boats in 2005. There are many things we need to learn. We appreciate any help!

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Owners manual for 1997 Aquasport 215 DC???

I'm sure you'll find the owner's manual a huge disappointment; they usually suck. Instead of wasting your efforts looking for one, ask specifically what you'd like to know, right here on this forum.

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer

I agree. Owner's manuals for specific boats are 99% useless. They only tell you the most basic info that relates to 99% of all power boats.

Get a couple of basic powerboating books from the library. You'll be much better off. If you DO find a manual for your boat, you will be disappointed. Really, they just tell you how to put on a lifejacket and such.

What is useful is the actual OEM Service Manual for your motor. Not the Seloc or Clymer manuals (they are not TOO bad, but still way too general). If there's an OEM Parts List or Parts Manual Addendum for your motor, that's good too.

jdrum00

Recruit

After seeing some scans of the most relevant sections of my Aquasport manual, I have to agree:

http://www.classicaquasport.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7552&start=0

Thanks to Pete from the classicaquasport.com forums for that one.

What I was hoping for was, say, some wiring diagrams that might tell me where to look to find out why my fish-well pump doesn't work (which it hasn't ever) or why the panel/nav/courtesy lights aren't working (just started recently). Or something that would explain why I don't have a cutoff to allow me to drain residual fuel out of the lines in case I don't get down to run the boat once a week, and what to do instead. Or how this whole fuel/oil mixing thing works. That kind of thing.

Background: This was my dad's boat, which he bought used without documentation. I was learning all this kind of thing from him gradually, but now that he's passed away I suddenly need to know it all! (I do have the Johnson service manual for the motor, which might help with the fuel stuff; need to check.)

But, basically, how *does* one figure out this stuff without a detailed manual? Dad had a lot more background with car repair than I do, and a little bit of familiarity with boating from his youth. I'm kind of going from first principles.