Bennett Trim Tab rebuild

Thalasso

Commander
Tabman. Can the trim rams be rebuilt and if so how do i determine which rams i have. I have one that is leaving a oil residue (just a little) on the outside.It isn't enough to notice in the reservoir. Boat is not in the water yet, but if i have to address the issue i would rather do it now

Tabman

iboats.com Partner
Re: Bennett Trim Tab rebuild

Thalasso,

The O-rings in the actuators (rams) are very easy to replace. All of the systems we make use the same O-rings and I would be delighted to mail you replacements and instructions how to change them, no charge.

Just send me a private message with your name and address and they will go out Monday.

Thalasso

Commander

Thalasso,

The O-rings in the actuators (rams) are very easy to replace. All of the systems we make use the same O-rings and I would be delighted to mail you replacements and instructions how to change them, no charge.

Just send me a private message with your name and address and they will go out Monday.

P.M sent

Thank you, but would be more willing to purchase. Don't expect something for nothing

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

Thalasso,

I just sent you a PM. We take pride in our equipment and service. One of the ways we support our customers is to send out small parts like the O-Rings at no charge no matter how old the system is.

Let me know if you have any questions when you receive them.

Thalasso

Commander

Thalasso,

I just sent you a PM. We take pride in our equipment and service. One of the ways we support our customers is to send out small parts like the O-Rings at no charge no matter how old the system is.

Let me know if you have any questions when you receive them.

Will do. Thanks again

series60

Chief Petty Officer

Can't thank tabman enough for the support we get from him and Bennett. DIY's best friend. Thanks again.

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

Thanks for the kind words Bill!

As a DIY guy myself I know the value of getting help and advice when doing a job I may not have tackled before.

We really enjoy participating here at I-Boats, and I gotta say I have learned a lot here as well.

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer

I had the same small leak a couple of years ago and it was just as Tabman says. I gave Bennett a call and they could not of been nicer or more helpful and within a few days I received new o-rings and instructions in the mail at no charge. The repair was quite easy but I found it helps to have a second person just because the spring in the actuator is so stiff. My wife gave me a hand and I don't think it took more than half an hour to do the job.

sasto

Captain

As a boatbuilder several years ago I went with Lenco. Two reasons...There shop was next door to our facility, and Lenny's father is a friend of mine.

As the years have past I now believe Bennett is the way to go. They are easily repaired and their customer support is the finest around. Tabman has proven this over and over again. I have a set of 38 year old Bennett's on my old Penn Yan. Records show a replacement of 1 solenoid so far.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen them go bad. 99% of those were due to a boat manufacturer locating the pump assembly in a wet location. Even then they keep on keepin' on.

I would also like to thank Tabman for his support, but I suppose he sometimes feels like the guy in the Maytag commercial. Less than 300 posts in 10 years!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

I agree with Bennett's customer service being top notch.

Thalasso

Commander

Tabman. Received the o rings today. Thank you so much. You and your company is top notch. I think i speak for alot of the boaters here and on another site. Your knowledge and support is above all. Thank you again.

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

Thanks for the kind words Thalasso, I am delighted we could help.