Any one know what kind of boat this is???

markiniowa

Cadet
Hi guys!! I am a newbie from NW Iowa. I was wondering if you can help me identify what kind of boat this is. My dad has had it for like 15 years just sitting in a shed, and we were hoping to get it out on the water this summer. Any help would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 0
  • blue steering wheel.jpg
    blue steering wheel.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Any one know what kind of boat this is???

Are there any plates or tags on the transom somewhere?

Sweet lookin ride!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i just moved this up to our general boating forum.....

a site to check out is fiberglassics

when you decide to repair it.....start another thread in the dry dock here at iboats (restoration forum)

you will get the best help on the net here

Mikeyboy

Chief Petty Officer

I don't know what it is but it sure is cool. Looks like a lot of fun.

markiniowa

Cadet

I don't know what it is but it sure is cool. Looks like a lot of fun.

We don't know what the heck this thing is either??!! A mechanic said it looks like a racing boat. Idk...Found some #'s on the transom...SGT000G50473.

Mikeyboy

Chief Petty Officer

Hopefully someone much smarter than I can help you with those numbers. Looks like it should be in a bond movie. Hope you get it going again.

southkogs

Staff member

Might be a 1973 Jon boat.

It's probably a '73, but it ain't no jon boat, bro. Mark you have a Bradley Surfer GT! I knew I'd seen that boat before. It's made by the same folks who built the Bradley GT cars. Check out this link.

Nice score man ... it looks in pretty decent shape albeit a little dirty. Start polishin' ... good times comin' this summer!!

Mikeyboy

Chief Petty Officer

I'd love to see a video of that thing tearing up the water once you get it going, cuz I'm not jellous enough right now lol.

markiniowa

Cadet

Wow thanks for finding that out for us!! My dad has had this boat for many years and the entire time he didn't know what kind of boat this is!! One more thing...it looks like it's worth a lot of money!? Is it?

Mikeyboy

Chief Petty Officer

You can look it up on nada and get an idea.

saumon

Lieutenant

Wow thanks for finding that out for us!! My dad has had this boat for many years and the entire time he didn't know what kind of boat this is!! One more thing...it looks like it's worth a lot of money!? Is it?

The guy in the link above ask $1300 for it, then lowered it to $1000 and finally sold it 8 months later. Maybe he get $500 for it? But there's no engine.

markiniowa

Cadet

Wow that sure burst my bubble!! $500-$1000 is all them are worth?? Why are unique boats not worth much??

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Mark,

A good many boats are not worth much, except to the person that owns them, they kind of become an obsession to those of us that love being on the water, but they are not worth anything to someone who don't like boating!

Mikeyboy

Chief Petty Officer

I'm kind of surprised by that price too but I suppose that is a very specialized boat that only does one thing. Make one person go very fast so not a lot of people would want it.

southkogs

Staff member

Boats are only worth what someone will pay for it. Some have an advantage over others (wooden boats, for example tend to do well), but it just doesn't work like it does with cars. Boats are more of a novelty. Smaller market, smaller demand, smaller price tag.

... but, show up at the lake with what you've got in the garage and you'll at least earn some bragging points.

southkogs

Staff member

I'd love to see a video of that thing tearing up the water once you get it going, cuz I'm not jellous enough right now lol.

LOL - I was thinking the same sort of thing!

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

100_6066.jpg011.jpg102_0262.jpg100_6190.jpg

This one ( 10 foot Cougar Cub tunnel hull) was 100 bucks --no engine, no trailer. I use it and the dog to pick up chicks.

These little boats like your Bradley were not "racing hulls" per-se, but usually were used in class racing with specific engines. My Cub could get as high as 45 with a warmed up Merc 25.

Right now I have a stock 50 on it and she gets 45. A thrilling ride and I have had the dry side down three times already. Be aware that these small hulls can turn around and bite you in the a** in a second. Be careful when you take her out on the water and usually, try to do it when there is no traffic.

Mikeyboy

Chief Petty Officer

Dry side down does not sound like a whole lot of fun.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Yeah! People get excited, think you killed yourself. Then you need to be towed back to the ramp. Then you spend about two hours drying the engine and restarting it. Then you need to run it for about an hour to heat out any residual water. BIG P.I.A.