Shower Sump Pump

amanphoto

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have to replace my shower sump box and pump. The pup does not turn on all the time. I can't trust it not to flood my bilge. Also the clips on the top of the box keep braking. I've replaced the top once (thanks to Attwood). Does any one have recommendations for shower sump box and pump?

This is what I have now --> Attwood Shower Sump Pump System - 12V - 500 GPH

I was thinking of something like
1. WHALE PUMPS Gulper Shower Drain Kit
2. Or another Attwood.

sasto

Captain
Re: Shower Sump Pump

I had 3 of those in a big Soprtfish....with the Atwood pump and built in float switch. They all failed by the time the boat was 2 years old. We lived on her and she got used almost daily.

I ended up using a fiberglass box I found. I screwed down a lexan cover for the lid. Then installed a Rule pump with seperate float switch. That was 15 years ago and she works fine. Parts are easy for me to find in my location. I don't see why a Tupperware container won't work.

Good Luck!

Thalasso

Commander
Re: Shower Sump Pump

I have to replace my shower sump box and pump. The pup does not turn on all the time. I can't trust it not to flood my bilge. Also the clips on the top of the box keep braking. I've replaced the top once (thanks to Attwood). Does any one have recommendations for shower sump box and pump?

This is what I have now --> Attwood Shower Sump Pump System - 12V - 500 GPH

I was thinking of something like
1. WHALE PUMPS Gulper Shower Drain Kit
2. Or another Attwood.

My Attwood , the top of the box comes of with 4 screws. I can take the top off and clean it yearly.