Bimini Top with Buttons

JF109

Recruit
Hey everyone
First time boat owner, just bought a 1995 Blue Water Falcon. I've been looking high and low for a top like the one found in the attached pic (a bimini that connects to the windscreen area via factory buttons) I can't seem to find one anywhere. Is this a factory only option that may no longer be in production? Any info anyone might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

John

1995 Blue Water Falcon
sportfishing_boats_falcon_19942310.jpg

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bimini Top with Buttons

Welcome to iBoats.

The fastener you talking about is a snap, not a button. The fabric attaches to the windshield with snaps; the male half is affixed to the windshield frame and the female half is affixed to the fabric top.

A bimini is freestanding; not attached to the windshield. What you've pictured is called a convertible top.

Your best bet for an out-of-production boat is to take it to a local marine upholstery shop and have a custom top made.

Good luck!

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

At 17 years old, more than likely no one has any patterns or older inventory of that type of top. Usually, 3-5 years is the max. Visit your local upholstery/canvas shop.

sschefer

Rear Admiral

DBreskin is correct. Go local, this is the best way to get a good fit. On a cold morning with freezing fingers you'll be happy when those snaps fit just right and even happier on a hot day when the snaps stay put.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Hey everyone
First time boat owner, just bought a 1995 Blue Water Falcon. I've been looking high and low for a top like the one found in the attached pic (a bimini that connects to the windscreen area via factory buttons) I can't seem to find one anywhere. Is this a factory only option that may no longer be in production? Any info anyone might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

John

1995 Blue Water Falcon
View attachment 141423

Welcome John...nice looking boat. I only offer some fodder to chew on...I had a "bikini" top like that on my last runabout....hated it from the very first day because you have to "stoop" all the time when it's up (even short folks). I finally sleeved it and put in the storage shed and put a standard bimini that I could stand under...like I said...just something to consider. Good Luck!