Boat washdown pump. What's the best and cheapest.

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Looking for a deck washdown setup for my new 18' seadoo. What's the best and most affordable out there. I can run it on 12v, or 110v. Thanks

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Boat washdown pump. What's the best and cheapest.

The terms "best" and "most affordable" are often mutually exclusive...

I have a TRAC portable washdown kit. Works good (only used it a few times so far though), affordable (<$100), and no routing cables, hoses, or cutting into my deck.

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeah I know what you mean with that statement. Looking for something like u are talking. Only need a portable rig. No mounting for sure. Just to do some sprays downs on the swim platform after a saltwater dip. Or washing sand or dirt off the boat. I'm kinda OCD about keeping things as new as possible for as long as possible. Ask my wife about her new Regal Gs I'm sure she will tell you all about it. I have a little power dome to run it off of. Keep em coming thank u.

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I just bought the Trac kit, haven't used it yet although the reviews were very good on it.

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I've seen the trac kit on amazon what type of power source does it use?

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer

They have a cigarette plug for 12v power and pressure is garden hose, and you have 7 different sprays on it.

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I think I will purchase the trac from amazon because I'm
Just addicted to spending money on amazon. Thanks guys

DavidPJ

Seaman Apprentice

I've been looking at the Trac portable washdown pump recently. Now that you've had it, how do you like it? I would prefer a 110v model rather than 12V, but I can't find anything.

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've been looking at the Trac portable washdown pump recently. Now that you've had it, how do you like it? I would prefer a 110v model rather than 12V, but I can't find anything.

I used mine all season; works as it should, no complaints. I mostly use it for hosing off the swim platform and for washing off all the little bugs that like to attach themselves to my boat when I spend the night on the water.

Not sure what 110v would do for you that a 12v wouldn't, I think you'd be surprised how much water the TRAC moves. Unless you'd just prefer not to run off the batteries.

DavidPJ

Seaman Apprentice

I used mine all season; works as it should, no complaints. I mostly use it for hosing off the swim platform and for washing off all the little bugs that like to attach themselves to my boat when I spend the night on the water.

Not sure what 110v would do for you that a 12v wouldn't, I think you'd be surprised how much water the TRAC moves. Unless you'd just prefer not to run off the batteries.
Thanks spoilsofwar,
I would use the Trac to occasionally wash down the deck, cover, or exterior. As for the power, My boat only has 1 battery so I prefer to use the dock power.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Thanks spoilsofwar,
As for the power, My boat only has 1 battery so I prefer to use the dock power.
There are far too many uses for a washdown to have to stay within an extension cords distance of the dock to use it.