aluminum boat and saltwater. GOOD OR BAD?? HELP!!

RICHY

Cadet
I USUALY USED MY BOAT IN ALL THE LAKES HERE IN PUERTO RICO. THEN I TRIED INSHORE FISHING FOE TARPON AND SNOOK AND FELL IN LOVE WITH IT.<br />I'M ALSO IN LOVE WITH MY 17 FT LOWE BASS BOAT. MY PRIDE, AFTER MY DAUGHTER ( NOT MY WIFE) HA HA.<br />WELL THEY TELL ME IT IS BAD FOR THE BOAT TO USE IT IN SALTWATER.<br />IF IT WERE YOURS, WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO KEEP IT LIKE NEW BESIDES NOT USEING IT?

Navigator

Chief Petty Officer
Re: aluminum boat and saltwater. GOOD OR BAD?? HELP!!

Richy,<br />I have an 16' aluminum Crestliner thats used exclusively in Salt Water. The aluminum hull has no problems whatsoever, but I do thoroughly rinse is off after every use. I dont scrub it or anything, but simply spray it down with the hose after I finish flushing the motor. <br /><br />Question, does your Lowe Bass boat have carpeting? If so, you may want to wash it with soap and water on a regular basis. Saltwater and carpet dont mix well over time. This is why you dont see many saltwater boats with it.<br /><br />Just my 2 cents :) <br /><br />Thanks,<br />Nav :cool:

lepper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a 19 foot Alumaweld used primarily on salt water. I just wash it off and rinse the motor off after every use... 10 m in of time will save your boat a long time.. As long as you are willing to take the time to care for it, it wont' hurt it....<br />dave

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hi Richie.<br /><br />Welcome to the board.<br /><br />Posting in all caps is like yelling, and it makes the post harder to read.<br /><br />Double posting is like busting in line. It is considered rude and impatient.<br /><br />I am sure you want to follow good forum manners and wont do either in the future.<br /><br />Good luck. :)