Nautic Star Deck Boat

pmkdo

Cadet
I am looking for a deck boat and found a 2006 Nautic Star 210 DC w a low hour suzuki 140 OB. I am not familiar w Nautic Star. Does anyone know the quality or have experience w the brand? Thanks

jgso

Cadet
Re: Nautic Star Deck Boat

I am looking for a deck boat and found a 2006 Nautic Star 210 DC w a low hour suzuki 140 OB. I am not familiar w Nautic Star. Does anyone know the quality or have experience w the brand? Thanks

I have an '05 210 DC w/DF140 Zuki. I overall love the boat. However, I have had a number of issues at least one MAJOR PROBLEM.

1. MAYBE BIG PROBLEM- Some 140 Zukis experience vapor lock. See threads on this site about this problem. ZUKI is a real pain to get issue remedied, few dealers have been made aware of the problem. Zuki factory REQUIRES a FACTORY tech provide the fix. The fix is an in line electric fuel pump. ZUKI factory support pretty much is terrible!

2. Nautic Star is pretty lax with whom they permit to be dealer. They have ended up with some, not all, dogs. Make sure you have access to a good Dealer. Nautic Star does not respond to problems very quickly and Bryan, who is in charge of service issues is particularly unresponsive. I usually have to correspond with Phil, The President, who generally then makes things happen, thank goodness!

3. My dashboard is coated with something that looks like tan vinyl. It is deteriorating rapidly and now can be washed off with a rag and water. I am now looking into the NS recommended remedy without much luck so far.

Hope I didn't rain on your parade! The NS has the potential to be fantastic. Zuki,NS Dealers and NS service are the bugs.