whats a fair price for 28 ft bertram flybridge 1973 or 76 twin gas 350cids mercruiser

skipper6567

Cadet
Im looking at a new boat. 28 ft bertram flybridge. int is mint, hull mint, motors are tight and clean, repower5 years ago, gas tanks and hoses all refitted for new ethanol fuel. canvasas great. 2 mercruiser 350 cid,only a helm uptop I'm going this weekend to see the boat in person. All Im asking is for a rough idea of what this boats worth. if I buy it and decide to sell down the road, whats the market like for this boat? providing its in good condition. Do you know personally anyone that ownes one? from what ive seen on the net and read any of these 60 -70 s 28 flybridge bertrams are worth every penny. Again all im asking is for a ball park,5k-10k- 15k- 30K???or ++$$ thanksi dont have more specifics right now,ill have a 2 year old complete marine survey, that came in at 46k replacement?

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: whats a fair price for 28 ft bertram flybridge 1973 or 76 twin gas 350cids mercru

around here cruisers that size and age are cheap cheap cheap. i think I'd disregard "replacement value" b/c if you can buy one for $10,000 you can replace it for $10,000. As far as "selling it down the road" the market will only be worse b/c it's older; the money you put in you NEVER get back. Figure 50% depreciation. Now, if you get lucky, fine, but don't buy it on that basis.

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Re: whats a fair price for 28 ft bertram flybridge 1973 or 76 twin gas 350cids mercru

Those older Bertrams have a bit of a cult following, you can't necessarily price shop them against other brands of the same size and vintage. They were very well-built and people like to restore and improve them (especially the 31 footers). That said, whomever sunk all that money into that boat had to know that it would never pay them back, so don't assume you'd have to pay top dollar for it.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Nationaly the average retail, around $8K.... But, location, condition and accesories can easily double that number.

On the plus side, it's not going to depreciate anymore if you keep it in good condition.

Around here, you won't touch one in decent condition for less than $15K. It's a Bertram- the name commands a big premium for ocean boaters.

My .02

buckage

Seaman Apprentice

Well, I am not sure where you are located at, but I have seen and heard of several bertrams ranging from 7K to 22K here in florida....look up craigslist in florida and you should be able to get a fair idea. Boats are going pretty cheap here depending on what you are looking for and their is a huge selection. If you are not near FL, at least you have a bargaining chip in you pocket....