motor hood gasket

tjizzle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anyone know where I can get a new rubber seal for a motor hood?????? Thank you

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: motor hood gasket

Does anyone know where I can get a new rubber seal for a motor hood?????? Thank you

Have no idea what you are referring to, Volvo Penta engines have nothing called a motor hood. Either describe it exactly, or post a picture of what you are looking for.

tjizzle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Have no idea what you are referring to, Volvo Penta engines have nothing called a motor hood. Either describe it exactly, or post a picture of what you are looking for.

The square fiberglass hood that covers the motor compartment. I am trying to find a new rubber seal that goes on the bottum and keeps water out of motor compartment. I will try to get picture tommorrow thank you for your help

Bondo

Staff member

The square fiberglass hood that covers the motor compartment. I am trying to find a new rubber seal that goes on the bottum and keeps water out of motor compartment. I will try to get picture tommorrow thank you for your help

Ayuh,... If yer talkin' Volvo, I/O, it sounds like yer lookin' for Boat parts, not Volvo parts...

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Refrigerator door seal rubber works pretty well. Glue it on with 3M door seal glue. I think you can get them at Lowes or Home depot. White might be your only choice there but an appliance store might be able to get in in black.