Online Supplier - Cockpit and Bow Cover - Recommendations?

Hi folks, my current boat cover sucks for the time spent at the dock so I would like to purchase (or potentially make) a cockpit and bower cover.

Any recommendations for online suppliers that have proven reliable and provide good value for money?

Thanks

- Dale
1995 Glastron SSV 195 SF

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Online Supplier - Cockpit and Bow Cover - Recommendations?

Your best bet may be to have one made locally. Check with local upholstry shops in your area. They should be able to custom make one for your boat. Good luck.

Philster

Captain

It's almost a 'must' that they be made by someone who can measure the exact locations of the snaps and do proper, precise measurements. If no snaps are present, and you wish to order on-line, you'll need to be able to provide one heck of a template and attached all the snaps to the canvas and boat yourself. Ergo, contact a local shop.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

I ordered a bow cover and cockpit cover for my '97 Larson from Doug Russell Marine on Ebay. They were able to get me factory covers in Sunbrella fabric with nylon-web reinforce edges that fit like a glove. The cockpit cover does need to have snaps installed, but that's not a big deal. They're at http://stores.ebay.com/Doug-Russell-Marine and they do have some Glastron stuff listed.

If you don't see your boat, be sure to email them and ask if they can get a cover for your model and year. I had to go that route, but with my HIN they were able to get the exact cover. They were very helpful and nice to deal with. The only problem I had was due to my ignorance - not realizing the cockpit cover would come without snaps. (You have to install them so they match up exactly with the snaps on your boat -- who knew?)

Anyway, I am very pleased with their service and product, and I'm not affiliated in any way with them.

Hope this helps.