Livewell pump ??

dancinbear57

Recruit
I have a 1996 19 ft. spectrum pro avenger.Was wandering if anybody knows where the livewell pump actually is on this boat. The livewell is at the bow of the boat. Is the pump up by the livwell or in the back. This has an inboard motor. Fishin comin soon , need help !! Thanks Kevin

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Livewell pump ??

It will usually be in the back . Either connected to valve on the bottom of the boat. Or a pickup on the transom

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Welcome to iboats.

You will find that attached to one of the holes at the bottom of the transom in the back, being an I/O it will probably be a hoot to get to.

shikard

Seaman Apprentice

Don't know if you still need the info, but I just ripped the deck out of mine and it was mounted in the back, to the port side of the center of the boat...4-15-2012 231.jpg I had already removed it from the boat when I took this pic but it might help to know whats underneath...

shikard

Seaman Apprentice

The hose on the right was connected to the fill pump which was on the port side of the drain plug. The pump was tucked in tight to the transom and connected to the pick up by a short length of tubing. The hose ran up to the front to fill the well, the hose you see in the picture running along the bottom of the hull and going to the starboard side of the drain plug was the drain for the live well..wish I had more pics for you but hopefully this will help..

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Livewell pumps are almost always located at the transom for one simple reason. They are not self priming pumps and cannot "lift" water so the inlet to the pump must be below the water line. Obviously they cannot pump when on plane as the inlet would be out fo the water.