Hydrofoil should i put one on my triton tr-21 with 225 ho johnson

TRITON 225

Cadet
Should i put one on this boat ---havent had it on water yet---just wondering if i should go ahead and do it----had one on my nitro 901 with 200 merc--just trying to see if any one has one on a boat about my size with that size or close to it motor---any information would be great

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Hydrofoil should i put one on my triton tr-21 with 225 ho johnson

Welcome to iboats.

Tabs and foils are to correct a problem with planing, since you haven't run the boat yet and don't know if there is a problem I would hold off and see how it runs without anything, with a 225 on a 21' boat i cna't imagine you will have any problem at all planing.

If you decide to put something on it go with smart tabs.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Run the boat first and see what it's characteristics are. You might want one after, or you might want an adjustable tab. Your use is different from what others will want. Just know where you start from and you will figure out better where you want to get to. Enjoy.

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Welcome to iboats.

Tabs and foils are to correct a problem with planing, since you haven't run the boat yet and don't know if there is a problem I would hold off and see how it runs without anything, with a 225 on a 21' boat i cna't imagine you will have any problem at all planing.

If you decide to put something on it go with smart tabs.

Definitely run it first, I agree you shouldn't need it in the least. My boat is 20.5' with a 200 Merc. It is on plane with in a boat length, and I believe that's heavier than your Triton. Run it first and save the money.