1990 Aquasport Osprey baitwell plumbing HELP

dereck_coons

Cadet
Trying to Plumb my boats built in bait well. Bait well is located under front seat directly in front of the center console I have installed a 800gph rule pump and ran a 1" line from the pump to the water in nozzle. The problem is where to run the drain line. Should the drain be located in transom above water line or is it better to try to run it through the side above the wateline? Getting to the transom is a whole lot easier than going through the side because of floor stringers and built in rod storage that has no access so I would have to cut a port into the fiberglass to install in the side? Any Ideas? Thanks

Slow Ride

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1990 Aquasport Osprey baitwell plumbing HELP

I have owned several bay boats and all of them drained to the transum just above the water line. However, I suspect what matters more is whether or not the drain is lower than the bottom of your baitwell. Make sure you consider that the boat will not have the same attitude when it is sitting still as it will when you are on plane.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: 1990 Aquasport Osprey baitwell plumbing HELP

Doesn't matter where it comes out just that is above the water line and lower than the tank, you don't want a through hull fitting below the water line so whatever si easier to install is what I would do.