Uflex rotary steering system...what else do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonairII

Commander
I'm going to be purchasing a Uflex rotary steering system for my '68 Glasspar. I don't know what I need(if anything) at the stern of the boat to attach the cable to my '68 Johnson.

I currently have the original rack system on the boat right now and I need to know if any of the components are likely to be compatible with the new system.

I have a tilt tube assembly on the transom, but I haven't taken it apart so I'm not sure how it all works. Is it likely I'm going to have to buy another size tilt tube etc to fit the new cable?

The picture quality ain't great, but it should give an idea of my current setup. Any help would be appreciated.
e90d757b.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Uflex rotary steering system...what else do I need?

Ayuh,... You should be able to use the existing hardware to attach the new cable...

BonairII

Commander
Re: Uflex rotary steering system...what else do I need?

Finally installed the new helm and cable....and just realized that my current tilt tube WON'T work with the new cable. The existing old tilt tube has thread on the INSIDE.

I now have to search for a used tilt tube cause there's no way I'm going to pay the ridiculous prices they are asking for a new tube.

I started a new thread about tilt tubes....so disregard this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.