1992 Ebbtide Dynatrak Help/Advice

Hello, I recently purchased a 1992 Ebbtide Dynatrak bass boat with a 150hp Yamaha engine. The boat is in excellent condition and is currently water ready. This is my first fiberglass bass boat, I upgraded to it from a Bluefin Spectrum 17ft with a 50hp force. I am decently mechanical and I did a partial restoration of my old boat, but I am not a genius with this stuff by any means and I have a couple of questions about some stuff.
1) The dash has digital gauges that light up and activate when the key is turned on, is there any way I can check to see if the speedo part works without it being in the water?

2) How exactly do the live wells work?...The ones in my old boat had a pretty straightforward fill/drain process, but they were different than the ones in the new boat.

3) There is bow mounted Eagle Fishfinder on the bow that has the transducer on the trolling motor but there is no finder at the console and I would like to put a GPS/Fishfinder combo there, ive looked around online for some but I would really like some advice has to what a good cheap one would be. I am a college student and its not like im broke or even close to it, but I really dont want to plop down a ton of money on one at this point.

4) Is it worth it to get an onboard bank charging system? The boat has 3 batteries, im assuming 2 for the trolling motor/finder and one for starting.

5) Any other tips/advice that anyone would have would be greatly appreciated.

I will post some pics of it as well
Thank you398669_10150628572200519_561395518_11506625_1799519386_n.jpg398669_10150628572265519_561395518_11506626_1182797554_n.jpg398669_10150628572340519_561395518_11506627_2079948263_n.jpg

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: !992 Ebbtide Dynatrak Help/Advice

Re: !992 Ebbtide Dynatrak Help/Advice

Welcome (back) to iboats.

I see you didn't get any responses 18 months ago, surprised.

Your new ride looks nice. I almost bought an SS model a couple years ago.

As far as testing the speedometer, no way to test it as far as I know.

Can't help you on the livewells.
There are several systems out there, timers, aerators, drain and fill steups, overflows, etc.
Might be best to contact Ebbtide directly, or find a knowledgable mechanic that can show you.
Any chance you can contact the previous owner/seller?

http://www.ebbtideboats.com/contact_us.asp

Onboard chargers are great for convenience.

I use 2 on my boats.

I keep the main starting battery in an oversized battery box. This allows me to mount a small battery tender to the inside.
$34 at Fleet Farm.
I pull in the garage and attach extension cord, done.

The 2 trolling motor batteries are connected to a 2 bank charger. Again, connect extension cord and I'm done.
I have a MinnKota on the Starcraft, and a Guest charger on the Alumacraft.

Both are 5 amps per bank, which is sufficient for me, as I rarely run my batteries down very far.
On the few occasions that I have, I wasn't going to use the boat the next day, so the charger had plenty of time to do its work.

If you plan on using the troller for 8 or more hours a day, for multiple days, then choose a charger with 10 or 15 amp output per bank. The bigger charger will make sure your batteries get charged over night.

As far as depth finders go, I love Eagle/Lowrance products.
You probably don't have much room at the helm, so consider small, and inexpensive, as you will use the one on the bow when you are actually fishing.

Anything from the $88 Cuda 300 on up.

Again, Fleet Farm has something for you.
Decide if color is important to you.
Decide on screen size.
Decide your price range.

Personally, for at the helm, I would keep it small, cheap, and monochrome. ($88-$135)

You've got a beautiful hand laid glass boat there.
Should last forever.

Be careful if you take her out on 'bago.

The walleyes start running in 8 weeks !!