How to replace hydralic line anti chaffe guides on a key west 2020 2000

boatkpny

Cadet
I have a 2020 Key West year 2000

I have a Telex sea star hydraulic steering system

Both lines come out of the hull at the stern well through 2 flexible anti chafe plastic connections that are screwed into the back of the stern well.

One of the flexible anti chafe connector has cracked and needs to be replaced. I brought 2 new ones from Key West and cannot figure out how to get the hydraulic hose with its fitting through the opening in the flex tube. Does the brass fitting seperate from the hydraulic line at the rotation point? Is it allen keyed? I see no reasonable way to get the hydraulic line through the plastic connection.

I guess Key West must have swagged the connector on to the hydraulic line after they ran the line through the anti chafe plastic connector?

Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated

IslandManMitch

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: How to replace hydralic line anti chaffe guides on a key west 2020 2000

Are the lines flexable hose? No, fittings cannot be removed. Is it tubing? You "may" be able to remove the fittings by cutting off the tubing ends and reflairing? A picture would help.

boatkpny

Cadet

View attachment 127079

The hydraulic lines are flexible and pass through the motor well through the following hydraulic bulkead strain relief. I have attached a picture of the Key West Part they call BSR-1K - HYDRAULIC BULKHEAD STRAIN RELIEF .

Key West puts the strain relief on the line and then crimps the connector in the shop with a hydraulic crimp with a fitting designed for the connection -

do you know if its possible to crimp these connectors on the hydraulic hose?

IslandManMitch

Petty Officer 3rd Class

No picture?

cyclops2

Banned

There are REUSEABLE hydraulic fittings for most sizes of hoses. Call a good sized farm & tractor place. They screw on the cut end of the hose. Just be sure you take a fitting with you to get the right thead & flared end.