Cabin Table

rube740

Seaman Apprentice
Hi everyone! Is there somewhere i can go to find my table? When I bought my boat it came with this round table but obviously it is not from factory. So the down side is, is that I can't lower the table and fold it in order to create the other bed. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
IMAG0752.jpg

I have a 1990 Regal 265 commador.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Cabin Table

Ayuh,... Build yer own....

cribber

Lieutenant

It looks like the handle/knob on the table pedestal will drop the table down low enough to stick in the filler cushion. Generally the filler cushion has the plywood support built in to make a bed in the cabin... so what does that look like? Also instead of lowering it can you just pull it out of the lower support tube? Just a thought.

rube740

Seaman Apprentice

Bond-o with all the tools I have I'm not that good with wood.
Cribber I can lower the table but that is not the original table, it will not hold the filler cushions. the original table has angles and is not perfectly round.

rube740

Seaman Apprentice

I found this picture and this one is the original table.
My boats original table.jpg

cribber

Lieutenant

Call up a local handy man or cabinet shop and see what they charge for time and materials to build what you need from a sheet of plywood. Would likely be cheeper than getting one from the manufacture if it was available.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Call up a local handy man or cabinet shop and see what they charge for time and materials to build what you need from a sheet of plywood. Would likely be cheeper than getting one from the manufacture if it was available.

Also, Home Depot (and presumably Lowes) don't charge that much to custom make formica counter tops, which is what that basically is.

rube740

Seaman Apprentice

Ezmobee that is a great idea now all I need is to try and get the measurements for the table from regal. Or maybe I can find another owner with the same table and do me the favor of measuring the table.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

lay a piece of cardboard or plywood over the opening and trace it..... done deal

chriscraft254

Commander

If you can get the sizes, I can tell you exactly how to build it. All it will require is plywood, formica, table saw, glue, screws, screw gun, router, straight bit and 22 degree bit for router, spray formica contact adhesive, tapemeasure, hand file and some time. Or just have someone make it like already stated. Thats a hinged table, so if you want it to be hinged you will have to have the deminsions for all three pieces.

rube740

Seaman Apprentice

Chris I really appreciate the help,I'm really thinking of doing it. I did my rear bench my self, the old one was badl. y rotten. I did a so so job. I will take pictures. It had difficult angles but I did have the old frame to work around.

chriscraft254

Commander

Chris I really appreciate the help,I'm really thinking of doing it. I did my rear bench my self, the old one was badl. y rotten. I did a so so job. I will take pictures. It had difficult angles but I did have the old frame to work around.

No problem, if you decide to do it yourself, let me know and I will give you a step by step breakdown on what to do. Budd

rube740

Seaman Apprentice

Hay Chris how about I do the cardboard trick and get the measurements for home depot to cut the wood for me and then I'll do the Formica part? I know the hinge part is going to add slot more time to the project but hay we're in the winter anyways. I'll also try going over to the regal forums and asking if some one would be kind enough to measure their table for me. I'll keep you updated.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

use the cardboard to experiment with where you want to fold it so that the leaves don't hit the leg

rube740

Seaman Apprentice

Hay guys I found another picture. It's the same year and model boat but it has a air conditioning system. But I noticed this boat doesn't have the fold down tabs. If I can build my table with out the tabs that will be great

101397650_3.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i have talked to the people at regal several times.

they are a fantastic crew......the can and will give you the measurements....if not ....the blue prints !

chriscraft254

Commander

Yeah, I would call them up! They surely have the deminsions somewhere. One peice shoould be fine. That one looks like teak or mahogany. Was probably an upgrade instead of the formica table. What does the bottom of the cushion look like? Do you have a pic? Does it have a cut out for the table or just sit right on top of it.