Awesome Customer Service From Moeller

V153

Lieutenant Commander
Week ago Sunday I was screwing the cap on my 6 gal Tempo tank when the sob broke/split right at the top of the threads. Dang! Emailed Tempo, which is now owned by Moeller btw, and inquired about a replacement. They responded almost immediately & asked for a picture. Fair enough I figgered & shot one back. Recieved a package at the shop today containing a cap, attached to a new tank!? Huh? That kinda stuff don't usually happen to me ...

For those in the market for a fuel tank do yourself a favor and check out Moeller. American made along with unbelievable customer service!

Doug

Attachments

• NewMoellerTank.jpg
    NewMoellerTank.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 0

The Rooster

Ensign
Re: Awesome Customer Service From Moeller

Nice to see that kind of service, Doug. It's all to rare these days.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

For those in the market for a fuel tank do yourself a favor and check out Moeller. American made along with unbelievable customer service!

Doug

Well you must have gotten real lucky, pardner. I had a similar problem with the same product and their Customer Service gave me the runaround for a half hour, switching me from extention to extention. Then told me to call West Marine. I didn't want anything for free, all I wanted was to buy a simple part to fix the tank (broken gauge). They don't sell parts and West didn't have a catalog to order parts from.

The Moeller is now in the landfill and I bought a Yamaha OEM tank.

Now I wouldn't take a Moeller tank if it was free! My old Evinrude tanks are 50 years old. Two year old tanks that fail must be crap!

V153

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry to hear that Jim. I was speaking from my own personal experience. Honestly never heard anybody voice an opinion one way or the other.

I dunno maybe I did get lucky but generally I don't have that kind of luck? Would like to point out also that the tank is at least 5yrs old and obviously well out of warranty. Wasn't looking for anything free either, just wanted to buy a cap. Which makes the fact that they sent me a complete new tank all that more mentionable?

Fwiw dunno 'bout gauges but replacement caps are available from at least one of my distributors. Land & Sea. Just figgered I'd contact the manufacturer first & see what happened. Mebbe this is the 'new improved' Moeller?

Tell ya what I wish I still had some of my old Evinrude tanks. Some were so beat up they didn't have much paint left on 'em but boy they never failed.

Take care.