1968 Duracraft Outboard Cabin Cruiser anybody seen another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverman 67

Recruit
I have a 1968 Duracraft outboard cabin cruiser. It is aluminum, with a cuddy cabin with a hard top and two bunks. It has two wrap around windshields with a soft top and curtians that zip and button to enclose the whole area. It is a V hull, not a flat bottom. I can not find were Duracraft made a boat like this. I am from Arkansas and know that they once had a plant here. Wondering if this was a special made boat. The OMC tag is missing so that is no help. We use the boat often and like the way it handles with a 115 and a 4 horse kicker. It is 19 feet long.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1968 Duracraft Outboard Cabin Cruiser anybody seen another?

I'd love to see some pics.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Wow, that is a seriously cool boat!

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

Agreed! That is super cool, looks mighty mint too! Any interior shots?

kfa4303

Banned

Funky! I like it. I love how the rims on the trailer look like impellers or something. very cool.

1966bluestripe

Recruit

That is a beautiful old boat. I cant explain the lines of a Duracraft to anyone, you just have to see it in the water to appreciate it.

I own a sixtys Duracraft as well and am new to this site and was looking for any help identifying ny model name or exact year or even producton numbers. I posted pictures yesterday along with that question.

They must have used that paint scheme over a few years as mine is the same as yours but blue.

Thanks for any help,
Jerry

Riverman 67

Recruit

Jerry: Appreciate your reply. I too have not been able to find any information on Durcraft production, espacially the type boat I have. I do know that Duracraft boats were once produced in Arkansas. If you go to wareagleboats.com and look at their history you will see where the managers use to make Duracraft. I have not contacted them yet but plan to do so.

Would love to see pictures of yours. My title says it is a 1968 model.

Is yours a cabin cruiser?

uglysteve

Cadet
I know this is an old thread, but I just got a '67 Duracraft catalog, so I have some information about this boat.
The boat is the Duracraft Clipper. in 67 it was available in 18' and 19' models. The paint looks like the paint in the catalog. Some 19' model data
Beam 96", Weight 1325 lbs., recommended motor 75 to 120 hp.

I have a Duraflight, I still trying to find more information. The oldest registration tag I could find is 1965. Mine doesn't look as good as yours.
Steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.