Pelican predator 103 question

Davis 103

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 2011 Pelican Predator double hull modified "v" hull 10' 3". The boat is rated for a 7 hp, I have a 6 HP 4 stroke Tohatsu W/ 7 pitch prop and a external 3 gal tank. Total weight when operating is 360 lb's. motor, fuel, gear, trolling motor, batterty, personal, etc.. this is 30 lb's below the recommend operating weight. the boat planes at 5,000 RPM and the engines maxes out at 5,540 RPM at WOT.

My issue happened 2 weeks ago when the temp was around 100 +, the interior floor area directly below the rear drain plug started to develop a "crease" under the drain plug as well as the areas approxmitly 2-4" on either side of the floor seemed to bulge or lift about 1/4" from the underlying floor. I could press down on the floor area with my foot and without much resistance i cound push it down and feel that it was solid underneath, I could tell that there was no water present between the hulls, my main concern is the crease under the drain plug. I checked the exterior of the transom and hull and found no deformities whatsoever, the boat did not change how it stayed on plane or the handleing.
I placed the boat on the trailer and checked for water between the hulls, (none) after 5 mintues the crease under the drain plug went away?

I have about 100 hours on this boat and have never had this issue, could it have been the heat that only affected the thiner interior hull material?
does anyone know how the interior between the hulls of these boats are made, I have serched and contacted Pelican (no response), any drawings or pictures of how these boats are built, especialy the transom would be helpful.
The boat never leaked, even after I noticed the issue I stilll had a 1 hour run back to the ramp.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all:confused:

Last edited:

Davis 103

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Pelican predator 103 question

I took the boat out saturday and sunday, the temp was arond 65 with highs in the mid 80's. no issues this time, boat ran great and there was only a minor crease below the rear drain plug. the day i had the issue it was 104+ TEMP. it must have been the heat, apperently these plastic boats are temp sentisive.