Pacemaker boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skargo

Banned
Does anyone have input on them? I am looking at a 1976 32' Sedan bridge with twin 318s.

Last edited:

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: Pacemaker boats?

One of the premier wooden boats - one of the best ever made. They were good in fiberglass as well, but they just lost their sales volume.

Ned L

Commander

I would respectfully disagree with them being a "premier" wooden boat. They were a step down 'sister' to Egg Harbor. Both were fairly lightly built & had a list of chronic issues.
But we are talking about a glass one here (1976). I would label a pacemaker of that era as a 'mid range' or slightly better boat. I don't remember hearing of any chronic issues and would have no concerns about looking at one of that age. Just have it checked out well & if is any kind of sizable investment make sure you have it competently surveyed before buying. I quite frankly think the name "Pacemaker" carries a bit more value today than what they were when they were built (meaning the 1960's & 70's era boats) (just my .002).

Ned L

Commander

No real 'drive' to worry about here as this is a straight inboard, I wouldn't disagree about the 318's.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Is it the model with an enclosed salon up, or the fishing style with the open house and just the lower cabin?

Ned L

Commander

I would agree that the annual operating costs would be a good bit more than the purchase price. Could be a good deal & lots of fun. Check her out well & good luck!

arks

Lieutenant Commander

I say go for it if it checks out OK and you can buy it right!
That old 32 Pacemaker named "Wildfire" across from my slip seems unsinkable! It's NEVER covered and sits there summer and winter, getting almost no attention.

So.... where 'ya gonna keep it????:)

skargo

Banned

I say go for it if it checks out OK and you can buy it right!
That old 32 Pacemaker named "Wildfire" across from my slip seems unsinkable! It's NEVER covered and sits there summer and winter, getting almost no attention.

So.... where 'ya gonna keep it????:)
I am going to try to keep whatever boat I get at Tydings!
I found out a friend of mine bought "Hard Crab" and am talking to him about maybe buying that as well, so no decision has been made yet.

skargo

Banned

Bought Hard Crab instead. Trojan F30!

291951_10150846245940652_554955651_21018091_55465745_n.jpg

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's a pretty awesome yacht there skargo!
I'm looking forward to drooling over a bunch of pictures of it soon!

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

Congrats man! F30's are sweet boats. Will there be more pics forthcoming?

skargo

Banned

More pics soon!

I am a big kid actually. Our other boat is a 1978 and I lusted after Novas back then when I was 11. And now, this 75 F30, I remember them seeming so much bigger back then. I can't believe I have one, and can;t believe my wife hasn't killed me. She was the one that said to get it after I initially declined.
The plan is to clean everything out of it, make it ok for slip dwelling, then slowly go over the mechanicals.

First I have to figure out how to winterize it while it's in the water...

Status
Not open for further replies.