Hand rail

Dave's Gastron

Recruit
I have an 07 Galastron GS 259 and my wife was having trouble using the ladder to climb into the boat.
Glaston has a small handrail at the lower part of the hull, by the ladder but it didn't give enough leverage to assist in getting out of the water.
I obtained a 36 inch hand rail and after slightly bending it to match the curve of the boat I mounted it at the top of the back of the boat.
Glastron does not have any railing to fit or add on in this area. It ended up being a great addition not just for erentering the boat but for walking along on the stern platform.

V153

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Hand rail

If Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy. Trust me I know. Glad you solved the problem.

In addition may I commend you on your imaginative multiple mis-spellings of "Glastron". Normally you only see it mis-spelled once, maybe twice in a thread. But you my friend have raised the bar. Outstanding! Heh heh heh. J/K!

JoLin

Vice Admiral

I haven't seen a boat yet that couldn't use a few minor mods to fit the needs of the current owner. I've spent this entire season (my first with this boat) doping out where the additonal cleats and grab handles are going to go.

Congrats on not being afraid to drill a few holes :)

Maclin

Admiral

PICS! don't be shy :)

I have an entry-challenged person also, and am working on something similar for my boat to enter from the swim platform and would love to see your solution.