Mercury Laser II prop

jcdotcom1

Recruit
I was considering a SS Laser II prop for my boat and wanted to get opinions about the old props with pressed in hubs compared to the new props with the repaceable hub system. Does anyone think it would be worth the extra money to purchase a new as opposed to a "like new" used prop, looks like about $150 difference.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Mercury Laser II prop

For $150.00 Difference,<br />I like the Old Style Props the Best......... :D <br /><br />Once it's bolted on, You'll never know the difference.......

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer

I would check out ebay. http://search-desc.ebay.com/search2...=26456&category0=6000&srchdesc=y&BasicSearch= <br />For $150 you can get a used laser II for your boat in mint condition with the torque flow hub. This is the same prop I have on my glastron and after trying a bunch of other props it is still the best over all.<br />I bought a vengeance for my buddys boat for $165 brand new in the box. there are tons of good deals check it out!!!

jcdotcom1

Recruit

Yea, ebay is where I have been looking. It is hard for me to spend $350 for a new prop when I will not be able to tell the difference with a $150 used one on my boat. I bought the boat used, why not a prop.