Check Out my "New to Me" Ranger Commanche 320v Bass boat! Anyone Got a Ranger???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check Out my "New to Me" Ranger Commanche 320v Bass boat! Anyone Got a Ranger???

Bought This 86 Ranger 320v From a guy locally, Had a blown Johnson V4 Motor, Thought i could rebuild it but too much damage occurred when the guy kept trying to fish a tourney early this year with a dead cylinder, anyways i bought my 320v for $800 cash, it already had new carpet, and seats , everything else worked except the front live well, not sure but i will figure it out, Anyways , Paid $800 cash for boat, sold the blown Johnson for $450 for parts to local guy, Bought a 82 Skeeter with a nice running 78 mercury 140hp , paid $400 cash for the skeeter, Took Mercury off the skeeter installed on my 320 v , Sold the skeeter for $200 cash and I got me a Super nice, Super Fast 320v Commanche for $550 , lol, I still have some work to do, I ordered a aftermarket tach just to be safe, And im gonna install a brand new motor guide troll motor, but other than that, i think i did pretty well! Here is a Pic i attached, should be a little link right here somewhere, let me know what you think!

Does anyone else have a mid 90`s or older Ranger? What kind of deal did you get? Did i make out ok or is this all this boat is worth ($550) I am new to fiberglass bass boats, I knew ranger was one of the best but not sure if I went about this the correct way, I figured once i sold all the extras and only had 550 in it, i could afford to upgrade the troll motor, the depth finders, maybe some better seats (Red/Black) , and eventually re do the trailer, carpet, (change back to red) and have the motor 100% gone through and rebuilt, i figured i would have a great boat for little cash, but may just stick with as is and float it till the wheels fall off (lol) I took it out last weekend and it FLEW!

Let me know what ya`ll got as far as rangers go, or any decent older bass boat

View attachment 106540

nophun

Cadet
Re: Check Out my "New to Me" Ranger Commanche 320v Bass boat! Anyone Got a Ranger???

Re: Check Out my "New to Me" Ranger Commanche 320v Bass boat! Anyone Got a Ranger???

I've got a 340V, 1986 also. I got mine for free by trading some other boat stuff that I had also aquired for free. I have a bit of work to do: replace rotted floor under the front pedestal and repair the motor which has a a scorched piston (150 Johnson).

As far as value, in my area this era bass boat sells in the $1500-3500 range if water ready, with the Rangers toward the higher end. I'd say you did very well.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Scuba
Take a look at the helpful tips at the top of any forum page. This topic is over 4yrs old, and its been 3.5yrs since RangerNOOB even logged on to iboats.

After 90days w out any posts, topics are considered inactive and should be treated like library books: for research only and not to be written in.

Thanks

Topic closed

Status
Not open for further replies.