Holding Tank Thru-Hull Location - Can It Be Mid-Ship?

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I am restoring a 26' Sea Ray Sedan Bridge and have completely gutted the inside. I am planning my new layout. The old head only had a pump out above deck. I plan to have a macerator and thru-hull for pump out. The head will be fairly far forward, just aft of the forward birth. I don't want the hoses to be too long, so I would like to put the holding tank, macerator, and thru-hull just aft of the head. Is there any problem with locationg a thru-hull this far forward?

Cap’n Ray

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Holding Tank Thru-Hull Location - Can It Be Mid-Ship?

The pump-out fitting on mine is a little closer to the bow than midship on the starboard side deck. I wouldn't recommend putting it anywhere below the rubrail though.

sasto

Captain

I am restoring a 26' Sea Ray Sedan Bridge and have completely gutted the inside. I am planning my new layout. The old head only had a pump out above deck. I plan to have a macerator and thru-hull for pump out. The head will be fairly far forward, just aft of the forward birth. I don't want the hoses to be too long, so I would like to put the holding tank, macerator, and thru-hull just aft of the head. Is there any problem with locationg a thru-hull this far forward?

None whatsoever, Captain.

Good luck on your restore!

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks Commander.

77 mariner - Thanks for the reply. To be clear, I was asking about the below the water line thru-hull for macerating off shore, not the above deck for pump out.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Mines a bit forward as well.

Cap’n Ray

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow, so much to learn. The differences between lake bound and offshore amaze me. Macerating and pumping overboard is quite the foreign consideration here, however, were I doing the work you are I think I would be inclined to place that particular thru-hull as far aft as possible to prevent the possibility of odorus deposits upon the hull from splashing. Just my inexperienced opinion though! Looks like a very ambitious project overall tho, I will be keeping an eye on your thread for sure.