Do you have an electric horn on your boat ?

kcfromohio

Seaman
Re: Do you have an electric horn on your boat ?

I also have both. I have to buy a few new canned air horns every spring. I use them up at Browns games!
GO BROWNIES!

skyking897

Petty Officer 1st Class

Have an electrlic horn, supposed to be 105db and a whistle attached to my pfd.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

As far as whistles are concerned, orange plastic are the norm, followed by stainless steel without the rattle ball. They also make small kits with canned air horn, whistle, reflecting mirror, and hand held flares in a case. They're good for 5 years and they float. If you plan on boating far enough from shore than you can't swim to it, I would recommend getting one and keeping it handy where, if the boat decideds to become a submarine, it will float free.

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

As far as whistles are concerned, orange plastic are the norm, followed by stainless steel without the rattle ball. They also make small kits with canned air horn, whistle, reflecting mirror, and hand held flares in a case. They're good for 5 years and they float. If you plan on boating far enough from shore than you can't swim to it, I would recommend getting one and keeping it handy where, if the boat decideds to become a submarine, it will float free.

X2! You can't ever be too prepared.
Those orange whistles are LOUD, i kept one on my boat and it came in handy when my electric horn failed

i did have a oooga horn on the boat from harbor frieght but as we all know nothing lasts from there and before i even got the boat on the water i died out so time for a can