Heads-up on Viking boat lift

keithf

Cadet
Hi fellow boaters, this is our factual, reported experience with Viking Marine International of Ontario Canada, who sell the Viking boat lift.

In May 2010, Viking Marine International received our US$4000 deposit, for a boat lift they promised to deliver and install in "4 to 6 weeks".

After nearly 15 months, numerous requests for the boat lift, or our deposit back, we have neither - we have received countless excuses though.

We have recently established we are not the only customers in this same predicament, and are having to resort to legal means to resolve this.

We hope this helps fellow boaters!

Safe boating! Keith

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Heads-up on Viking boat lift / Viking Marine International - try #2

Edited version ;)

Sorry to hear of the problems. Good luck.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

People who have problems should consult Google or even ask here on iboats first!

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Man, is this THT deja vu???

keithf

Cadet

Hi Bob, thanks for editing my post to ensure it meets the rules, as well as informing folks to use google to search for more detail on other's dealings with this company - appreciated!

Hi Seabob, not sure what you mean by THT? Was that another company, or an acronym for "buyer beware" or something?

Thanks! Keith.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'm sure THT means The Hull Truth forums. I imagine it's in reference to a similar post there?

keithf

Cadet
Re: Heads-up on Viking boat lift

Happy New Year folks!

To recap - in April 2010 we paid Viking Marine $4000 US as a deposit for a boat lift. Here we are nearly 3 years later sans the lift or money....

Just wanted to let you know that the Canadian Government just laid charges against Viking Marine International.

Full details on my blog - you shall have to use your favorite search engine to find it.

Hi Moderators, you are welcome to edit my post as you desire - if you approve I'll gladly list the web address to my viking boat lift experience blog.

Safe boating all!

Last edited:

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Heads-up on Viking boat lift

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Keith. That must be some lift if 4 grand constitutes just the deposit. Hope you get your money back.