Transom washdown hose

Thalasso

Commander
Could not understand why transom washdown hose was so short. While doing a inspection i noticed that the hose was underneath steering linkage and inside gimble housing. The only thing i can figure by looking at this is it was installed this way at FourWinns (V288). I have owened the boat from day one and never had the outdrives or gimble housing off. Does anyone have a resonable solution to this delimma.I don't use it,but it drives the girlfriend crazy.(Getting tired of hearing it). I tried snakeing it back through the gimble housing but it won't budge. I wouldn't think this is the correct routing.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Transom washdown hose

Just cut it off at the end and put it out. A new host cost less than $20

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Are you talking about a transom shower hose? If so, the hose unscrews from the fittings at either end- shower head or plumbing. You shouldn't need to cut anything. I just replaced mine with an RV shower hose- same material, same size fittings, 1/3 the price of 'marine'.

Thalasso

Commander

I understand that,but the transom shower hose is run under steering linkage and routed into the gimble housing. I can't seem to pull it through. there is nothing wrong with hose other then it is 2ft or more short.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Okay, gotcha. Sounds like somebody really screwed the pooch when that bit was assembled.

Thalasso

Commander

Yea. thats what i thought about. Just thought someone might have run into something simular.
Thanks.