please help .mounting a kicker motor to a bayliner swim deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbuck2008

Recruit
I have a 1990 bayliner 2050 ( 20 foot) and a 5.0 mercruiser engine.
I like the boat and would like to be able to lake troll for trout at low speeds 1/ 1.5 mph.

I have tried using 2 sea socks tied off the back and can only get down to 2.4 mph.
plus the big engine doesn't like idling for extended periods of time, after about 20 minutes it seems to choke up a bit.

I would like to put a bracket on the swim deck for a small kicker motor. I do not need to go fast, just slow troll,lake fishing only.

Ideas from anyone would be hepful as to what kind of mount and size of motor. The swim deck is very stout and there is access underneath for a plate for reinforcement if needed.

This is the mount i was looking at.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=ybAbTpyzKI_TiAL4tsn-CA&ved=0CDsQ8wIwBQ#

Picfortrollingmotor.jpg

Picfortrollingmotor-2.jpg

Bounce19712

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: please help .mounting a kicker motor to a bayliner swim deck

remote troll bracket will have steering from button/cable. remotetroll.com?

daniel.son

Recruit
I know this post is very old but I thought I would test my luck...
Wanted to know what the outcome was and which direction you decide to take ..I have the very same boat and wanted to do the exact same thing just for back up safety reason since I some times venture out to sea ..thanks for any reply

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I know this post is very old but I thought I would test my luck...
Wanted to know what the outcome was and which direction you decide to take ..I have the very same boat and wanted to do the exact same thing just for back up safety reason since I some times venture out to sea ..thanks for any reply

You will get no reply. The original poster made one post almost 5 years ago as you noted and never returned. Please start a new topic and you may get some help in a current topic.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.