fiberglass and vinyl cleaner

paulgs

Cadet
What products do you recommend to clean and restore dirty vinyl seats (they're white or at least they were)? Also, what do you recommend for cleaning and restoring fiberglass deck, topsides and hull? The boats is a 1998. Thank you.

paulgs

Cadet
Re: fiberglass and vinyl cleaner

What I was trying to get at and, yes, restoring, may be the wrong word, is after I have cleaned the fiberglass (with recommended products - compound, etc.), what do people suggest as a finish, wax, paste wax, gel coat refinisher etc.?<br />What's the best vinyl cleaner? What's the best fiberglass cleaner? What's the best foberglass polish?

mattttt25

Commander

for fiberglass hull, on/off cleaner. use gloves, goggles, and be careful.

riptide116

Seaman

sorry for the ribbing,I am at the tail end of restoring a 1959 uniflite,I allmost waved my chainsaw over it,it was going to be a planter half buried in the front yard.<br /><br />now that was a 'restore' job<br /><br />I will post pictures when I figure out how to on this forum.<br /><br />Peace

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

For the vinyl seats I would reco softscrub with bleach.Make sure you get the one with bleach.wet the seats first and try not to get too much s.scrub on the threads.Scrub with a light scrub pad and again dont scrub the threads.Make sure you rinse the threads thoroughly and you can let the s.scrub sit on the vinyl for several minutes before rinsing.Make sure you rinse really well.The best coating you can put on them after they are cleaned is formula 303.It looks like armor all but is very different.Soft scrub will work well on the white fiberglass topsides too.Make certain to use a good wax on them aftyer that .3m makes very good wax and polish and so does Dolfinite.For fiberglass stains you can try a little bleach and for bad stains use Marykate on-off.Be very careful with on off,it is an acid.I try only to use it on the bottom.Charlie

detailman

Recruit

to clean vinyl that is heavily dirty or mildew bleach is fastest but you must rinse wellll or bleach will eat up threads in cushions. for seriously oxidized surface aqua buff 2000 is best. the best sealer is silon .check my web www.detail-man.com for complete imfo on this product