Keelguard on AL hull

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
I was looking at the keelguard websight thinking<br />about how it might work on my new AL hull... so<br />I sent them an e-mail on friday on their websight<br />and they already replied to me b4 10am next biz<br />day (impressive) :D <br /><br />my question to them was:<br />"is a "keelguard" appropriate for AL hulls? <br />specifically 1976, 22' starcraft islander. <br />same warranty apply?" (they have a lifetime warr)<br /><br />response:<br />"Aluminum is one of the best surfaces to bond the 3M adhesive to. The<br />concern is more the design of the hull. If it has a protruding rib that<br />raises about an inch off the hull and is about an inch wide, then it<br />becomes difficult to bond around the complex curves and still have<br />enough surface area on the hull to grab and bond to. If the hull is<br />welded or has a thin plate riveted to the hull, the bond is much better<br />achieved. If you would like to discuss this with us in more detail,<br />please feel free to call us at (800) 292-9835.<br />Thank you for your interest.<br />Megaware KeelGuard, Inc.<br /><br />not even sure I wanna install it, was just a little<br />curious. thought I would share My experience<br />and the info they sent me in case anyone else<br />might be interested.<br />M.Y.