extreme fuel treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer
anybody ever use this in there boat ? . only 1/4 oz per 20 gallons of fuel. it has great reviews but is on the exspensive side, $4.50 per 1/4 oz.

shrew

Lieutenant
Re: extreme fuel treatment

It's Xtreme Fuel Treatment and it looks like a scam. It looks like a BS product and there are pyramid marketing scams around becoming a 'dealer'. This reminds me of the 'super wax' scams that went around in the 80's. That junk they claim you could set your hood on fire and it would protect it. Similar to the 'become a vacuum cleaner/carpet shampooer salesperson' scams from the 70's and 80's. sign up, get a job and 'buy' your demo model. Then your next sale is to a family/friend during your first pitch.

Brewman61

Ensign

It's simply IMPOSSIBLE to add a quarter ounce of ANYTHING to 20 gallons of gas and boost fuel economy at all, let alone by 22% or whatever the claim is. This company can't provide ONE independent test to back up their claims. Not one. Every time the price of gas gets higher, the magic fuel economy liquids, pills, magnets, etc.... come out of the woodwork. Remember the magical 200 MPG carbureator from the fuel shortages of the 1970's? Big oil was conspiring to keep it off the market to preserve their revenue.
Such utter nonsense, I can't believe anyone falls for this stuff.

RIDEPATE

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sea-Foam.................Only two words I know.

QC

Supreme Mariner

There is no way to increase fuel economy with fuel additives unless you add hydrocarbons . . . aka fuel. So unless you find some magic fuel that is more dense than gasoline, and it is less costly per BTU, then not gonna happen. Anytime you see anything like this ask yourself "why is there no data?" There never is any, and it is not that difficult to get hard data. We do it every day at my office and we are a tiny company. If they had hard data they would be instant mulit-brazillionaires, so I would put up my house to fund testing if I had to. No brainer. ;)

reddogg

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have to disagree with you saying sea-foam is snake oil. I recently posted a question about it here and got a ton of answers reguarding using it in my OB, but 2 days ago I put a can of it in my 05 ram at a fill-up and my mpg went from 14 to 20 so it does something. My engine is running smoother and has more power.

red

QC

Supreme Mariner

and my mpg went from 14 to 20
Get some data and your whole family and all of your friends can retire on Mega yachts for each. Trust me, this is what I do for a living, there ain't nuttin' that does that, nuttin' . . .

RIDEPATE

Petty Officer 1st Class

Also snake oil.

Edit: My experience is different. It does not increase GPH or any of that B.S., it does however clean any gunk, funk, from your fuel system. Edit: deleted unnecessary comment

Edit: deleted unnecessary pic - QC

Last edited by a moderator:

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer

my whole problem with this stuff is the cost and the amount you add to 20 gallons of fuel. $4.50 for 1/4 ounce, and you only add 1/4 oz to 20 gallons of fuel. must be some potent stuff.

reddogg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Lol, the only data I need is the observed results from my truck. I have a computerized readout in my headliner that gives me constant mpg updates. After I filled the truck with the usual grade of gas, added the sea-foam, and drove about 10 mi, the readout went from it's normal 14-15 mpg to 20. I could feel the truck running smoother and better in the seat of my pants. Acceloration was improved, etc... I don't care if this is because it "boosted" the fuel or cleaned out some crap in my fuel system, the results are undeniable and I like them. If it was "snake oil" there would have been no change and that wasn't the case.

red

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Sea foam is a combo of naptha, isopropyl alcohol and oil. The naptha may help a little but gasoline already has it as an additive. My best friend who is a chemical engineer at Chevron also believes its snake oil but what would he know.

And as far as putting it in a vehicle with O2 sensors, why on earth would you put oil in your fuel?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This thread is bad and getting worse. Time to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.