Fresh water holding tank

bobbyt43

Cadet
Does anyone know how to drain the fresh water holding tank on a 1987 Bayliner Trophy?

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Fresh water holding tank

Well not specifically your boat, but on most boats the fresh water tank is pumped out using the hand or electric water pump through the sink/head ETC.

If you want to get the old water out and put in fresh because it is getting a little yucky, pump it out and then use some bleach and fresh water to clean it out, rinse/pump out repeat.
A couple of times should remove the slimey stuff and smell if there was any.

bobbyt43

Cadet

Thanks Admiral. I was hoping that there was a way for a quick drain or an opening or some other way. That will take a lot of pumping with the manual faucet.

greg1973

Cadet

when i drain my water tank for winter i take the line off right before my water pump and take of the fill cap and let it drain then i open the hot water tank to drain that out only way i know to drain the water out with out filling it with antiefreez then when i clean it out i use 1 cup bleach with 25 gallens of water and fill all tanks with it and let sit over night run all water out then fill with clean water to flush it out i do this 4 x and my water is nice and clean all year no smell and is nice and clear