livewell pump replacement on a Tracker Pro 170 (2007)

billtp170

Recruit
Anyone have any experience on replacing a livewell pump on a 2007 or recent model of a Tracker Pro or similar Basstracker boat. It appears that in order to replace the pump the gas tank would have to be removed. Is that correct, and if so, is there an alternative? Was looking at the thru-hull livewell pump, but do not know what it entails as far as replacing the original pump hiding behind the gas tank with no room to maneuver or even put your hand in there.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Bill

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: livewell pump replacement on a Tracker Pro 170 (2007)

Not to wimp out, but have you contacted Tracker Marine? I mean, if they built the boat such that removal of the tank is the only way, I'd be selling that beetch tomorrow!

drymocke

Cadet

I inherited a 2004 Tracker 175 and am having the same issue... live well pump doesn't work, fuse box is unlabeled(tho all fuses seem good) and Tracker Support says they DO NOT possess the schematic... Dealer refuses to return phone calls or emails requesting a service appoitment so maybe they don't even like this job... I am half tempted to cut an access hole and insert a 8" dia. screw hatch... but that's a last resort... will be calling other dealers within 100 miles radius to see if anyone can fix this.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Not sure if your boat is setup like mine (mine is an older model), but on mine there is a round "portal" in front of the OB. It's black plastic and about 8" in diameter. The cap screws in and out and can be a pain to get off. When you get it off (if yours is the same) look down and there will be the livewell and bilge pumps. It's a real PITA to get them out because you (I) can only get one arm down in there to work on it... but it can be done, I've changed mine out twice.

Hope this helps.

btw, if you could post a pic of your splashwell in front of the motor it might help.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Dang dude! That sux! can you get to it by removing the batteries instead?... or is it too far to reach around?

drymocke

Cadet

That's what I'm thinking... make sure I'm working on the live well pump and not the bilge pump... and I was able to map 5 of the 10 fuses in the fuse box so there's only 5 I don't know about yet...

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Yank the batts, probably the trays as well. Kinda reminds me of bilge pumps under I/O motors..."Yeah, I can see it..."

drymocke

Cadet

Thanks for all the help! Got it out and a replacement is on it's way to the northwoods of NY via UPS.

Can you please give deteils about how you got the livewell pump out?