Securing a battery box question..

h8weakness

Cadet
Short and sweet.... I have a battery for my Trolling motor / lights and a battery box. What is the best way to secure it in the rear of my Jon Boat. My Jon is VERY basic. It does have a flat spot for a battery but not seeing a good way to mount it SECURELY!!!
Thanks in advance!
Ross

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Securing a battery box question..

I used some of that construction adhesive that you stick tub surrounds up with. Just clean up the aluminum and rough up the bottom of the battery box....mask out the area to prevent it going too far, run some thick beads on the box about 1/2inch inside of the diameter and squish it in place. You can put the battery in and the gravity will hold it til the stuff sets for about 24 hours.Make sure you got the right spot cause you wont get it off again. I also stuck down outdoor carpet with this stuff and it hasn`t budged. Get the premium stuff........good gluing!

NYBo

Admiral

I don't think construction adhesive will stick very well to a plastic battery box. I would use it to glue a piece of plywood to the boat, then screw the hold-down strap clips to the plywood. Seal the plywood to keep it from delaminating or rotting. A bonus is that the battery box can be removed easily if needed.

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer

i agree glue down a piece of wood to mount to.