Question about Cape Craft / Key Largo Boats

Bob1Crab

Cadet
I have a 2006 Cape Craft 17' CC that has a 35 gallon built in gas tank. Does anyone know if the gas tank is aluminum, plastic, or composite? I've asked a few dealers and get different answers and it appears the boat is not in production anymore.

diditagain

Cadet
Re: Question about Cape Craft / Key Largo Boats

i have a 2007 key largo 15'. it has a 20 gallon plastic tank. there is access to the sending unit under the cc. i have been calling the #'s they provide on the key largo website with no answer or answering machine. i'm trying to get info plate with max h.p., weight, ect. the previos owner put his radio where the plate used to be. does anyone know if this plate is required to be attached to the boat in fl.?

Bob1Crab

Cadet

i have a 2007 key largo 15'. it has a 20 gallon plastic tank. there is access to the sending unit under the cc. i have been calling the #'s they provide on the key largo website with no answer or answering machine. i'm trying to get info plate with max h.p., weight, ect. the previos owner put his radio where the plate used to be. does anyone know if this plate is required to be attached to the boat in fl.?

Pretty sure my tank is also plastic, at least I hope it is. I don't think it is required to have a manufacturers plate attached in the boat. If you carried a copy of your specs with your registration,etc. you should be fine. The Cape Craft site has a # where they answer the phone, try calling (800) 345-0214 or (912) 384-8943. They should be able to help with your question.

diditagain

Cadet

thanks, i'll try those #'s. i have a copy of the specs i printed off the website on the boat. is says 4 people but i would rather know the max wieght. i think 4 people on this boat and someone would get hooked!

diditagain

Cadet

well now, same numbers, same website. they just changed the names around. they must be out of buisness

Bob1Crab

Cadet

sorry, I called Friday and talked to someone

Yancyd

Recruit

I've tried to contact Cape Craft yesterday and today but both numbers are busy. Are they out of business?:confused:

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

most boats have a round access hatch over the tank at the sending unit, so you can have a look see. You should also find a plate there with the tank's capacity, year, etc. If you don't have that hatch, maybe you can see it from the hatch over the bilge with a flashlight and mirror.

dogdad

Cadet

Bob - I have a 17 ft '99 Key Largo (probably pulled from the same mold) and it has a 35 gallon plastic tank. Like didit said, there should be an access hatch in the floor right over the fuel sending unit. When I opened mine up mine, I even found the original tank sticker still there... made by 'Inca Products'.

didit - The "150" model is 15'3", max hp is 60, 4 people, and approx weight of 875 lb. if you have the "160" model, the length is 15'10", max HP is 75, 4 people, and approx weight of 975 lb. Either one sound like yours?

I believe the data-plate is required.

I have the same contact numbers for the factory, but you might try "Fisherman's Boat Group" (305.634.5754) in Miami for help. They're a dealer and should still be in business,... I've personally given them enough $$$ to stay afloat (pun intended) for a long time to come!

HTH