Sting Ray 2011 235LR Deck boat

davidh7863

Recruit
Hi all,

Been looking at a Sting Ray 235LR deck boat, and curious if anyone has any experience with them or 2011 Sting Ray in general? We will keep the boat in dry storage and use in the brackish water of the intracoastal waterway in SC. Comes with a 5.7L Volvo Penta with a SS duoprop. Looks nice and have read good things about Sting Ray, just looking for an experienced viewpoint.
Thanks,

stephanies

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Sting Ray 2011 235LR Deck boat

I took delivery of a new 2010 Stingray 225LR last year.

EDIT: stephanies, this is exactly what fellow moderator QC meant by bashing. This is not allowed here. Please limit your experience to your thread on the subject.

Hi all,

Been looking at a Sting Ray 235LR deck boat, and curious if anyone has any experience with them or 2011 Sting Ray in general? We will keep the boat in dry storage and use in the brackish water of the intracoastal waterway in SC. Comes with a 5.7L Volvo Penta with a SS duoprop. Looks nice and have read good things about Sting Ray, just looking for an experienced viewpoint.
Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike220

Cadet
Re: Sting Ray 2011 235LR Deck boat

I have a 1998 220DS which is the forerunner of the one you are looking at. I really like the boat. It has more of a deep v hull than some of the other deck boats and rides smoother in rough water. Mine has help up very very well. In fact until this year, I could order almost every part on my boat through Stingray. I ordered a couple of replacement seats at a price much lower than getting them reupholstered - and they look factory.