Side mount control hook up

BamBamm

Cadet
Ok, I was dumb and bought a motor with out the matching controls. Worse, both are old!
Here are some pictures, of the controls. I am hoping someone might be able to tell me what the wires are for. On the bottom of the controls are 4 wires, one red, a black & two wires grouped - a grey and black.

I put the red wire directly to battery and turn key but get nothing. I am guessing the grouped grey and black wires are for tilt and trim, and the black must be for ground on battery?

Any ideas? Should I open the controls and get a picture of that?

000_036014Pop.jpg

000_03577360Pop.jpg

Art Bernard

Banned
Re: Side mount control hook up

Look in the electrical section, I'm sure somone's got a wiring diagram for you there. I believe the grey is the sense wire for the tach, the grouped black with the grey should go to the ground on the tach. Red is prolly 12v power from the key switch and the black is the ground. Seriously though, go look in the eltrical section and also post what brand and type of motor and controlls they are. The wiring is fairly standard, but there are some differances and you don't want to fry anything.

Art

Sixmark

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Side mount control hook up

if you can get a model/serial number off the motor we might be able to track down the correct wiring diagram.

Does that motor have tilt/trim? Does the control have it as well?